Race registration takes place at Peatys Van in the car park. If you are under 18 you will need to bring a parent or guardian to sign you in and take responsibility for you. You will need Photo ID to sign on. No ID no ride. This is to ensure you are who you say you are, if you’re not, you will invalidate our insurance and we may not have a race in the future.
It is about a 5 minute ride from registration to the top of the track, this will be marked with signs. It takes about 20 minutes to walk all the way down to the finish. Check out the course on the way.
What you will need to race
- Photo ID to Register. No ID no race.
- If you are under 18 a parent or legal guardian to sign you in and complete a form. You cannot ask a friend to sign you in. The form can be downloaded in advance to save time at sign on HERE
- A Full face Helmet to race in.
- All other protective equipment, including but not limited to, gloves, knee and elbow pads, spine guards, neck braces etc are strongly recommended but are not a requirement.
- During the practice time you must complete at least 2 full runs of the race track. Your number board will be marked to confirm you have done this.
- £3 for parking in the official car park
- £10 for RAD SCDH T Shirt (if you want one)
- Your bike must:
- have 2 working brakes.
- have bar end plugs in both sides at all times.
- display the race number board at all times when on course. Modifying the board, by cutting or other methods, is not permitted.
- be in good working order.
The track is fun but challenging and is suitable for all levels of riders which will keep you on your toes and grinning from ear to ear. Spectators will be able to see large stretches of the track, so make sure you bring your friends and family along. Also, make sure they bring some noise makers and cheer on all riders, there’s nothing worse than quiet crowds.
There are significant features on track which you must be mindful of, a gap jump in the top section before the heath and the same large drop in to the bomb hole that was the finish to last year’s race. We recommend walking the track before you ride it, especially if you haven’t ridden it before.
Please take care on your first run down and all significant features will have a B-Line option around them for the race. You will need to complete two full practice runs before you can race. The track length is around 1:30-2:30, with a dedicated and easy Fire-Road push up back to the start. We have been asked not to ride up the push up track as it is part of the Sheffield Round Walk.
Practice runs from 9:00 until 11:40. There will be nearly 300 riders trying to practice at the same time so please, be considerate and DONT BE A DICK. Leave plenty of room and if you catch someone up, don’t start yelling, ‘get out of the way’. Anyone caught doing so will get slapped with ‘knobhead’ sticker. Be warned and be nice. Its riding bikes, its fun.
During the practice time you must complete at least 2 full runs of the race track. Your number board will be marked to confirm you have done this.You will get 2 race runs and your best time from the 2 counts as your result.It suits mid travel trail bikes rather than full on DH rigs. Peaty has won the race on all wheel sizes bar a fat bike.